1.0 General Comments
- Micronclean Ltd (Micronclean) are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers.
- As a company Micronclean collects only the minimum amount of data required to fulfill any contract.
- We do not sell information to third parties.
- We do not pass information outside the Micronclean Group except for the purposes of delivering our services, fulfilling any contracts we enter with you, where required by law or to enforce our legal rights.
- Our normal commercial data retention is twenty years from the end of the contract.
- Where this is not the case it will be explicitly detailed later in this policy.
- The majority of data processing is done within our own IT network and is subject to the controls of our IT security policy.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website and you should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
2.0 Commercial Systems and Processes
- All of our commercial systems and our CRM are mounted on our own IT infrastructure and are subject to the controls of our IT security policy.
- These systems could carry personnel identification data but only to effectively service our contracts.
- We retain data for twenty years after the end of the contract to comply with contract law.
3.0 Telephone Calls and Emails
- If you call or email us directly we will collect your name, email address, telephone number and company name as required to service your enquiry which we will transfer to our CRM system to ensure that will handle your enquiry correctly.
4.0 Marketing Activities
- As part of our normal marketing activities we make use of a full feature website, collect leads at trade shows and send out email marketing information.
- The website is hosted externally to our own IT infrastructure but on servers based in the UK.
- Cookies’ are small files placed on your computer which make our website work more efficiently for you by remembering choices about location etc.
- From the 25th May our website will allow you to opt-in to having cookies present. The website will continue to function but might be less efficient if you decline to have accept our cookies.
- Most browsers allow the user to control cookies through their browser settings.
- Cookies set by our website are:
- We use exp_last_activity so every time the page is reloaded the last activity is set to the current date and time. It is used to determine form or login expiry. This is essential for logged in users to record their data and not lose it as it is being input. The expiry time 12 months.
- exp_last_visit sets the date and time that the you last visited the site. Affects guests and logged in users. The expiry time is 12 months.
- exp_tracker tracks the last 5 pages you viewed and is used primarily for redirection after some actions on the site ie moving back to pages. This affects guests and logged in users. This cookie expires when you leave the site.
- We also use exp_csrf_token. This cookie protects against Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF). A CSRF attack forces a logged-on victim’s browser to send a forged HTTP request, including the victim’s session cookie and any other automatically included authentication information, to a vulnerable web application. It expires from your computer after one hour.
- exp_stashid generates a unique ID that relates to session values that determine the current state of the website and any actions you have performed. Expiry time: session.
- You can manage your cookie preferences here.
- Google Analytics
- We use Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information such as patterns of visitor behavior so that we can identify for instance the number of visitors to a specific page and so improve the navigation and layout of our website.
- This information is not collected in a way which allows us to identify any individual.
- Cookies set by Google Analytics are:
- _ga – Used to distinguish users. Expires after 2 years.
- _gid – Used to distinguish users. Expires after 24 hours.
- _gat_UA-103848483-1 – Used to throttle request rate. Expires after 1 minute.
- Web Chat
- We use a third-party provider, Pure Chat, to supply and support our Web Chat service, which we use to handle customer enquiries in real time.
- If you use our Web Chat service we will collect your name, email address and the contents of your Pure Chat session which we will transfer to our CRM system to ensure that will handle your enquiry correctly.
- Pure Chat logs are retained for a maximum of 30 days so that we can analyse our response performance and so improve our service to you.
- Cookies set by Pure Chat are:
- _PCCID – Expiry time: 5 years.
- _PCCSID_ – Expiry time: session.
- Form E-mail Function
- If you email us from within the website we will collect your name, email address and your enquiry which we will transfer to our CRM system to ensure that we handle your enquiry correctly.
- Form email data is retained within the website for a maximum of 30 days so that we can analyse our response performance and so improve our service to you.
4.2 E-Marketing/E- Newsletters
- New subscriptions to our ‘marketing list’ is through a ‘double opt-in’ process in line with industry best practice.
- We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our e-newsletters.
- MailChimp is a limited company based in the state of Georgia, USA.
- MailChimp subscribes to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Program which means that they are compliant with the EU GDPR requirements.
- We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
- Each mailshot will have the option to opt out of any future e-marketing activity.
4.3 Exhibition Data Capture
- Data capture at Exhibitions is through a bespoke survey built on Contact Software Limited (Harvest Your Data) app functionality.
- Contact Software Limited is a limited company based in New Zealand.
- Harvest Your Data agrees that, as our Data Processor, it will comply with its responsibilities under GDPR.
- The direct data captured allows us to answer your query promptly when we transfer the data to our CRM system.
- Data retention within the “HarvestYourData” system is for a maximum of 30 days so that we can analyse our response performance and so improve our service to you.
5.0 Your Rights
Subject, to certain limitations, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you and be told about its use.
- Request that Micronclean rectifies or deletes your information or restricts processing if you have concerns over its accuracy, deletion or fair and lawful use.
- Object to the processing of your personal data, based on your particular situation, where this processing is based on the legitimate interests of Micronclean.
- If you have concerns or questions over the collection, storage or processing of your data, you are encouraged in the first instance to contact your BDM or a member of the customer services team to discuss and resolve any issues.